Do you know the do’s and don’ts for Facebook?
- Keep your posts professional
- Personality is important and you can have fun with your posts but they must be relevant, and appropriate to your business
- Inform customers of industry news
- Share articles or posts from sources other than your business
- Ensure the posts are interesting, useful or will evoke an emotional response
- Remember, if you cannot be bothered to read it, why would anyone else?
- Keep it short and to the point
- Include images; it makes your posts much more appealing
- Reply or like comments, especially if a question is asked.
- You wont gain other loyalty if you ignore your Facebook friends.
- Plan and consider your messaging, language and tone and do not forget to spell check.
- Monitor the interaction to learn what type of posts your clients respond to and what the peak traffic times and days are.
- End posts with “Please like and share our page”
- People will automatically like your page if you are regularly sharing interesting, relevant, and appropriate posts
- Make every post a special offer, a promotion or solely about selling your business, service or product.
- Overshare other companies postsIt’s great to support other businesses but be mindful that your page doesn’t end up just with other peoples posts.
- If you keep forgetting to post on your social media platforms, posting 10 posts in 5 minutes will not make up for it.
- Use copy-written images without the owners permission or first purchasing them.
Need any help managing your content or advice on your social media strategy call Tiger Marketing on 01903 327 002.
Can you think of any more?
Please feel free to add your tips in the comments section here