Instagram has made the process of being ‘official’ and getting that Instagram verified tick more transparent allowing you to enhance your standing within the platform, and gain you recognition amongst potentially new and already existing followers.
Instagram has long been known to only give blue check marks on rare occasions, even among big brands and public figures, getting Instagram verified has been the stuff of legend. But not anymore. Any user can now request to be verified in a few easy steps. Instagram will then evaluate your account for “authenticity, uniqueness, completeness and notability” — the criteria it must meet in addition to abiding by the platform’s terms of service.
Here is how they framed their new Instagram business page verification system when it was launched back in 2018:
“… The blue verified badge is an important way for you to know that the account you are interacting with is the authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, global brand or entity. Today we are enabling a new way for accounts that reach large audiences and meet our criteria to request verification through a form within the Instagram app.
Benefits of gaining your Instagram blue verified badge
- Authenticity The checkmark acts as Instagram’s stamp of approval. When users hover over the blue checkmark they will see a pop up stating ‘Verified’. This means Instagram has now recognised you as an authentic and authoritative business, and more importantly so will potential customers.
- Improves credibility First impressions count, and by having a professional business page with relevant and consistent content that is also approved by Instagram, it can help ensure you leave a lasting positive impression.
- Allows you to stand out If you are lucky enough to be Instagram verified, it will set you apart from your competitors, giving you another way to stand out.
- Eliminates confusion We find this all too often with clients, that over time various pages have been set up by different people within the business. This can cause confusion when people are looking for you. So, verifying your page tells Instagram and your potential customers that this is, in fact, the official page of your business.
So, you’ve decided that verifying your page is a great idea, now how do you go about it?
How to get verified on Instagram
- Request Instagram validation From your profile, navigate to the Settings menu and then find the option to ‘Request Verification’
- Show your stuff Provide the relevant documents as stated. Instagram accepts government-issued IDs (driver’s license, passport or other national ID cards). In lieu of that, you can submit official documents like a utility bill, tax filing or article of incorporation. These documents won’t be public on your profile.
- Wait and see Once you have sent everything to them, Instagram will review your request and you will receive a notification to say whether you’ve been approved or rejected. If you are rejected, you can reapply after 30 days.
Have we convinced you to verify your Instagram page? Let us know how you get on, and whether you notice a positive impact on your page if you are successful and become Instagram verified.